Dog obedience trainers train dogs and teach pet owners how to train and handle their own animals. As a dog obedience trainer/instructor, you can prepare dogs for law-enforcement or security, work for a dog obedience training facility or a pet store, or start a training business of your own. Here are a few qualities that effective dog obedience trainers/instructors have in common:
- Patient: It takes time and practice to properly train a dog.
- Communicative: You listen and talk through situations with dog owners, and are confident in giving commands to dogs.
- Sociable: Spending time with others is fun and rewarding.
- Compassionate: You care about the health and well-being of other people and animals.
"I chose to further my education and accounting knowledge with ICS Canada while working as an accounting clerk, which allowed me to move up within the company at which I am currently working. Studying with ICS Canada was a great experience, and the instructors were very helpful when it came to resolving any issues I had while studying."
- Sean S., ICS Canada graduate
"I have taken three diploma courses with ICS Canada. It has been very rewarding and challenging. I love to increase my knowledge level and share experiences. ICS Canada is great. Enrol! The contact with them is always very pleasant. You feel like a part of the ICS team."
- Connie K., ICS Canada graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids, including videos, references, and a dog breed chart
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Exclusive access to ICS Canada’s Student and Alumni Facebook Group
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
What are the benefits of the Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor Training Program?
The Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor Training Program teaches students the necessary skills to successfully train dogs. This program can be useful for students to use on their own dogs, or for students hoping to work at Humane Societies, obedience training facilities, or pet stores.
More FAQs >