Bookkeepers can work for accounting firms, schools, hospitals, banks, and government agencies. Bookkeepers can have jobs as payroll or budget clerks, billing clerks, accounts receivable or accounts payable clerks, or for a sole proprietorship. Here are a few qualities that expert bookkeepers have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Analytical: You enjoy crunching numbers and critically thinking to solve a problem.
- Independent: You make decisions and finish work on your own.
"I chose to further my education and accounting knowledge with ICS Canada while working as an accounting clerk, which allowed me to move up within the company at which I am currently working. Studying with ICS Canada was a great experience, and the instructors were very helpful when it came to resolving any issues I had while studying."
- Sean S., ICS Canada graduate
"I have taken three diploma courses with ICS Canada. It has been very rewarding and challenging. I love to increase my knowledge level and share experiences. ICS Canada is great. Enrol! The contact with them is always very pleasant. You feel like a part of the ICS team."
- Connie K., ICS Canada graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and learning aids
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Exclusive access to ICS Canada’s Student and Alumni Facebook Group
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
How can the Bookkeeping Career Diploma program help me prepare to take the next step with my career?
The Bookkeeping Career Diploma Program can teach students how to maintain business financial records. These skills are relevant for jobs working at accounting firms, hospitals, banks, and government agencies in payroll, budget, accounts receivable, or accounts payable departments. Small business owners and managers can also benefit from this program.
Does the Bookkeeping program teach double-entry bookkeeping?
Yes, the program teaches double-entry bookkeeping. Manual techniques are stressed; computer techniques are optional for the final project.
More FAQs >