Diesel mechanics work on engine operations and computerized management systems for trucks and other diesel vehicles. Here are a few qualities that effective diesel mechanics have in common:²
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Problem solving: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and fun.
- Persistent: You work until the job is done, and done well.
- Honest: You are ethical in your work for customers.
"I chose to further my education and accounting knowledge with ICS Canada while working as an accounting clerk, which allowed me to move up within the company at which I am currently working. Studying with ICS Canada was a great experience, and the instructors were very helpful when it came to resolving any issues I had while studying."
- Sean S., ICS Canada graduate
"I have taken three diploma courses with ICS Canada. It has been very rewarding and challenging. I love to increase my knowledge level and share experiences. ICS Canada is great. Enrol! The contact with them is always very pleasant. You feel like a part of the ICS team."
- Connie K., ICS Canada graduate
Your program includes:
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Books and ASE certification preparation materials
- Study Planner App to customize your study plans and keep track of your progress
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Exclusive access to ICS Canada’s Student and Alumni Facebook Group
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
Do you recommend any additional resources for students in the Diesel Mechanics Program?
Yes, we recommend several additional online sources that are helpful while you are in the program. A few useful websites include:
What certifications are linked to the diesel mechanics program?
Students should contact provincial certification and licensure authorities for exam certification requirements.
More FAQs >